I like making other people happy. It feeds my soul. I can’t explain it. But I live it. Every day.
I have a bulletin board in a my study. I was looking at it the other day. I started to see a pattern.
That makes three prayers, and three quotes, and five thank you notes. Let’s break that down:
– the Lord’s prayer
– a prayer for quiet confidence
– a prayer for before worship
– At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.
– Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of all these things and still be calm in your heart.
– “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes the beautiful.” Jim Carrey
Thank You notes:
– Bethany’s mother-in-law: I made her a New Year’s apron after she commented how she loved the Christmas apron I made for Bethany
– cousin & new wife: I etched their names on the sides of glass casserole dishes; she said that every time they look at those dishes, they smile, (and they look at them a lot since they participate in a lot of potluck dinners!)
– Gretchen’s best friend & new husband: Gretchen talks to her best friend every single day (it seems) so I felt like I practically knew her by the time of the wedding…. Gretchen & I wound up making paper roses out of pages from Alice and Wonderland for wedding favors, so I took the cover of the book and framed it. They loved it!!
– high school friend & new husband: I just sent a congrats note with some recipes (since she asked for those)
– Hannah: still loving the baby blanket
That’s what’s decorating my office!!